Maple Leaf Template
Acrylic Felt - Orange
Acrylic Felt - Hunter Green
PMC Floss (any colour close to the Hunter Green)
1) Use the leaf pattern to cut the shape of the maple leaf onto the Orange felt
2) Pin vein pattern on the left side and cut. Flip it over and pin it to the right side and cut. You should be left with something like this the image below.
3) Now take 2 piece of Hunter Green and place it together. Pin your outlined maple leaf onto the hunter green and trim widely around edges. You'll eventually cut it down closer to the edges (but this will happen after stitching is complete)
4) Start stitching veins first following the natural edges and using a simple straight stitch.
5) Once you've stitched the entire orange leaf shape, trim the hunter green felt down nicely down to the orange edges.
6) Blanket stitch the outside edges of the 2 hunter green felts together.