Hosting Thanksgiving is hard work so, if you're lucky to be a guest instead of a host, don’t forget to bring a lovely hostess gift. The felt trivets fit the bill perfectly and brings in the wonderful fall colours indoors and can be used all year round!
Acrylic Felt - Brown
PMC Floss (any colour close to the Hunter Green)
1) Use the leaf pattern to cut the shape of the beech leaf onto the Yellow felt
2) Pin vein pattern on the left side and cut. Flip it over and pin it to the right side and cut. You should be left with something like this the image below.
3) Now take 2 piece of brown felt and place it together. Pin your outlined beech leaf onto the brown felt and trim widely around edges. You'll eventually cut it down closer to the edges (but this will happen after stitching is complete)
4) Start stitching veins first following the natural edges and using a simple straight stitch.
5) Once you've stitched the entire yellow leaf shape, trim the brown felt down nicely down to the brown edges.
6) Blanket stitch the outside edges of the two brown felts together.
Missed the Maple Leaf Felt trivet tutorial? Or want to learn how to make the last felt trivet to complete the trio? Not worry, click on the images below!