Skip to main content

Featured Post

DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shamrocks

Quick and easy to make, this St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock is a great way to decorate any space so that you’re ready for the festivities! St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and we have a quick and easy craft to get you in the Shamrockin’ spirit! These Shamrocks can be used as decorations for a St. Patrick’s Day themed party or just to brighten up any room. You can hang them using ribbon, attach them directly to any surface using some adhesive, make a key chain and much more! We are showing you how to make one size, but you can change the measurements below to make larger or smaller Shamrocks. What You'll Need: Stiff Felt Sheets - 12” x 12” Ruler Rotary cutter or fabric scissors Hot glue gun and sticks Ribbon (optional) Instructions: 1. With your Stiff Felt Sheets , rotary blade and ruler , cut 4 strips measuring 1 inch wide by 12 inches long and 4 strips measuring 1 inch wide by 10 inches long. You should have a total of 8 strips. T

Craft Therapy for 2015

Hello everyone & Happy New Year!

I hope your holiday went well and congrats you survived the crazyness that does come with the break. Nonetheless 2015 is here the time off is over and the entertaining, stressing on getting the perfect present, having the best NYE party is well behind us. So, BREATHE! You definitely survived the hectic, busy schedule that comes with the end of the year. Putting 2014 behind us and focusing on moving ahead is my mindset and what does 2015 hold for us at The Felt Store and me (the blogger behind it) I don't know about you but my goal (not resolution :p resolutions never work...) is to definitely keep clam, stress free and take out so more time to be creative and craft away.
This lead me to start thinking "I'm sure there has to be some of you who feel the same way?" (right!? I'm not alone in this am I?) Maybe you'd like to take out some time to be creative for personal reasons or for your business or just using crafting and creativity as a way to de-stress yourself from the busy life that we call reality.

So how am I acting on this goal and I would love for all of you to join along! I'm going to be starting (as the title suggests) Craft Therapy! I'll be introducing 3 fun projects and tutorials so that you can gather all your materials. And the following weeks every Monday I'll share which project we'll be doing along with step by step instructions on how to make the project. Share some pictures along the way of my progress through out the week and you can do the same (show your progress if your following along with my projects or of course projects of your own) then every Friday I'll share the final finished craft! Again I'd love for us to do this together so if you would like to share your final version or a final project that you've been working on that would be wonderful! To encourage everyone to share I'll be adding a Craft Therapy Pinterest Board which you can find here: http://www.pinterest.com/thefeltstore/craft-therapy/ and if you'd like an invite just let me know in the comments below or any of our social media: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google + and I'll invite you to the board.

This journey or de-stress time is just to encourage creativity, some "me time", or a way for you to learn something new every week! So keep checking back here, starting next week I'll share what the projects will be and links to where you can get the material! Any feedback would be great so do let me know what you think.

I'm super excited about this and I really hope it turns into something wonderful that we can all be apart of!


Comments

Popular Posts