Skip to main content

Featured Post

DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shamrocks

Quick and easy to make, this St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock is a great way to decorate any space so that you’re ready for the festivities! St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and we have a quick and easy craft to get you in the Shamrockin’ spirit! These Shamrocks can be used as decorations for a St. Patrick’s Day themed party or just to brighten up any room. You can hang them using ribbon, attach them directly to any surface using some adhesive, make a key chain and much more! We are showing you how to make one size, but you can change the measurements below to make larger or smaller Shamrocks. What You'll Need: Stiff Felt Sheets - 12” x 12” Ruler Rotary cutter or fabric scissors Hot glue gun and sticks Ribbon (optional) Instructions: 1. With your Stiff Felt Sheets , rotary blade and ruler , cut 4 strips measuring 1 inch wide by 12 inches long and 4 strips measuring 1 inch wide by 10 inches long. You should have a total of 8 strips. T

DIY Gift Guide- Felt Holiday Coasters

I'm back with a new DIY gift you can make and it's a perfect gift for the host. An instant way to add festivity with these Felt Holiday Coasters, there is a Santa, a penguin, a bitten gingerbread man and a candy cane donut! Follow the steps below to make your own versions! Are you crafting a gift this holiday? Share your project with us :)


Materials
9" x 12" Acrylic Felt - Brown 
9" x 12" Acrylic Felt - Flesh
9" x 12" Acrylic Felt - Red
9" x 12" Acrylic Felt - White 
9" x 12" Acrylic Felt - Black 
9" x 12" Acrylic Felt- Orange 
9" x 12" Acrylic Felt- Antique Gold 
Cork Coasters
Felt Confetti 
Template
Glue Gun
Scissors
Pencil

Santa Coaster

Keep Santa with you before and after the 25th!

Cut out the entire frame of Santa with the flesh coloured felt (this will be your base). Then cut out each of the pieces to create the coaster.


 Once you've cut everything out, glue the flesh onto the cork coaster and then place the rest of the pieces where you desire.  To create the eyes I just took a black sharpie ( I was having difficulty cutting a perfect circle with felt) but by all means you can use small felt eyes.

Penguin Coaster

Okay not sure what a penguin has to do with the holidays but it's cold outside and well penguins came to my mind. Plus who wouldn't want this little guy part of their holiday coaster set. I mean look at it! 

Same drill as Santa, cut out each piece this just makes it so much easier to put everything together. (it's like a puzzle).



 Once you've cut everything place the black frame of the penguin and then take your white felt and place it where you desire. Just make sure you have enough space to glue the feet at the bottom. Again I decided to take the easy way out (due to my perfectionism) and just use black sharpie to make the eyes.

Candy Cane Donut Coaster

I got inspired by the Tim Hortons "Candy Cane Chocolate Donut" while taking a bite out of this delicious snack and crafting the Santa coaster it occurred to me that I should add a Candy Cane Donut coaster! I mean duhh! 

Trace the coaster onto the brown felt and take your scissors and cut a messy "scalloped" pattern for the frosting. Now luckily we have felt confetti so I didn't have to worry about cutting the little green and red circles *phew*


Place the green and red felt confetti where you desire, I went with a green, red, green sequence. 


Bitten Gingerbread Man Coaster

This is so morbid I know, but I can't help and think it's oddly cute! Plus a normal happy gingerbread man it's just not as fun! 

I traced the coaster onto the ginger felt and then cut out deep semi circles for the "bite". I traced out a circle onto the black felt. I folded it in half and snipped the middle of the circle to create the inner circle (it helped to create a nicer inner circle). I cut anime eyes and then again, used my trusted black sharpie to create the eyes 


I placed the eyes so that it looked like the gingerbread man was looking at the bite in distress! 




Voila, you have a 4 piece coaster set that is ready to be used! or wrapped and gifted.

Comments

Popular Posts