Skip to main content

Featured Post

DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shamrocks

Quick and easy to make, this St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock is a great way to decorate any space so that you’re ready for the festivities! St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and we have a quick and easy craft to get you in the Shamrockin’ spirit! These Shamrocks can be used as decorations for a St. Patrick’s Day themed party or just to brighten up any room. You can hang them using ribbon, attach them directly to any surface using some adhesive, make a key chain and much more! We are showing you how to make one size, but you can change the measurements below to make larger or smaller Shamrocks. What You'll Need: Stiff Felt Sheets - 12” x 12” Ruler Rotary cutter or fabric scissors Hot glue gun and sticks Ribbon (optional) Instructions: 1. With your Stiff Felt Sheets , rotary blade and ruler , cut 4 strips measuring 1 inch wide by 12 inches long and 4 strips measuring 1 inch wide by 10 inches long. You should have a total of 8 strips. T

Dolls and Daydreams

A few weeks back I had the pleasure of coming across Sarah Hanson via our twitter account! This is why I love social media a simple tweet can lead to a wonderful conversation between two people and a bonus we found another lover of felt! Sarah Hanson’s creativity and love for felt has lead her to design an abundance of felt dolls under her business Dolls and Daydreams! We just had to share her story with you guys and it’s a great example of yet again the many things you can do with felt and where your passion can take you!


Hi my names Sarah, I am the indie soft toy designer behind Dolls And Daydreams
. I’m an English girl living my Daydreams in the USA with my wonderful husband and beautiful children as my daily source of inspiration.


I specialize in Fun & Easy Step by Step Photo Tutorial Sewing Patterns so that even a beginner sewer will be able to make dolls and softies just like mine! 


When I was a little girl my Nanna taught me to sew & my first project was a little rag doll - I was in love! But when I brought a store doll pattern I was shocked at how hard it was to understand and so unhappy with my finished friend. So I kept creating my own doll & softie designs for my friends & family. 


My life took an interesting turn after I organized a charity doll drive for the children of Haiti. I designed and offered an easy free doll pattern and the response was amazing. We collected over 500 dolls for the children and have since continued to collect, make & send out 1000’s to children in need all over the world. Through this wonderful work I received so many kind comments and requests for more designs and patterns and thus Dolls And Daydreams™ was born. 


I start with my daydreamed doll/softie sketches and after numerous prototypes I turn them into patterns to share with other stay-at-home mummies who want easy to follow patterns that let them make quality products for their kiddie winks to enjoy, something that reflected their child’s uniqueness that they can pour love into whilst they make it for them.




I use a mix of 100% cotton and 100% wool felt.  I loved the bright colors of felt and the simplicity of it .. those lovely sharp lines when you cut it that never fray make my day!   When I use it in my designs I know that others will enjoy working with it because it is so easy to use. 


Nearly all of my appliqués are felt, it’s those amazing non-fraying edges again!!!!  Details both big – like the hair I use on my dolls - and small – like the eyes - look amazing in it!

I love handmade and support cottage industries whole heartedly! That means you can sell your finished dolls and softies! Hooray!!!

Sew .... Let's Sew Together! Pop over to my shop here:
http://DollsAndDaydreams.com

Please feel free to post your finished dolls on my Facebook page 
https://www.facebook.com/dollsanddaydreams  , I love seeing everyone’s creations!


For Free doll & softy Sewing tutorials check out my blog: http://dollsanddaydreams.blogspot.com/

Hugs and happy sewing everyone!  Sarah xxxxx

Comments

Popular Posts